As some of you might have noticed, I got fed up with wordpress :)

I really disliked the "ooops, yet another xmlrpc vulnerability"; news on heise and therefor decided to switch to something else. As I had bad memories of working with Serendipity, I decided to go to the next biggest competitor: Movable Type

Movable Type isn't heavily PHP based as it uses CGI for most of the publishing. At the moment I set it to staticly generate the html files.

The import of my wordpress content was pretty easy. Just export it from wordpress as a 1,5 MB XML file and tell Movable Type to "import content";. I had to manually set the encoding to UTF-8 and activate the "convert linebreaks"; option. It worked pretty fine.

The things left to do:

  • Create a symlink to get the "old"; RSS Url back to work (switch to the new one!)
  • Install some plugin to have "pages"; again
  • Maybe fix the old youtube videos that were embedded using some wordpress plugin
  • find a good looking style